"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."~Mother Teresa
Lilypie

Monday, January 19, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist!

Sam made his first trip to Dr. Larry Miller's office today! Mom and I were so proud of him! He was not scared and did not make a peep the whole time Dr. Miller examined and cleaned his teeth. I think I have to give myself an old pat on the back here...we have been reading, "Barney Goes to the Dentist" for over a month now and have been practicing at home. I think it may have paid off today! Way to go, Sam!
Dr. Miller was my dentist! We love him!
Great job, Kiddo!


Getting his teeth examined! He has all of his teeth including his molars! Yea!



4 comments:

mamo said...

Miss,
I know that you are so proud of Sam today and rightly so. He was such a doll and sweet. I know that Larry was thrilled to see you and to get to reminsce about the "good ole days and St. Anthony school!
I think Sam is going to really like Dr. Miller.......don't you
Love
Mom

Dan and Denise said...

Meredith,
I went to Dr. Miller when I was a kid too and LOVED him. He and my dad went to school together, so I always felt like he treated us extra special. We took Gabriel to him this past summer for his first visit, and for a month Gabriel said that he was going to be a dentist when he was older. Dr. Miller is the BEST!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

yeah! i think it's really important to get them going early. we've been taking sam for regular check-ups too! he doesn't mind!

Powers Family Memories said...

Way to go, Sam! Even though Josie went with Jonas and I to the dentist and watched one week before her appointment, she still threw a fit! We had to play the airplane game just so our dentist could at least look at her teeth. However, she was excited to pick a toy from the treasure chest. Maybe next time!