Friday, April 18, 2008
A scary start this morning...
So, this morning Joe and I both wake up to the bed and the pictures on the wall shaking...it takes quite a bit to wake us up out of a dead sleep by the way! I immediately said I thought it was an earthquake and Joe jumped out of bed and got Sam. We also thought it could have been a possible gas pipe explosion. This afternoon I was putting Sam down for his nap and I felt the house shaking again! By the time I got to Joe it was over...the news later reported that we have had two or three aftershocks but they were only about a 2.2 on the Richter scale. The one I felt was about a 4.5. Crazy start to the day!!!! Does anyone remember the guy in the late 80's who predicted a major earthquake around here? I remember as a kid being really scared when the day came that he predicted. I even took down all my pictures and belongings off shelves because I thought it was going to happen...my poor parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
i stayed home from school that day! yeah for me!! :)
The quake awakened me here in Chicago, but Dave slept through it. Sad to say, it doesn't take too much to wake me up these days.
Post a Comment