"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."~Mother Teresa
Lilypie

Monday, July 9, 2007

Sam's First Word!

Well, it's official...Sam said his first word today! He said "mama." My mom thought she heard him say it. When we got home I heard him say it for the first time! Joe and I are going to try and capture it on camera this week...we will post it when we get the footage!


This was an insert in the bulletin from church this past weekend...I thought it was cute! Enjoy!

Baseball: God, Faith, Religion and Humor

Over a few pints of Guinness at the Wavercrest , their favorite pub, Pat and Mike were blabbering about God and heaven, and if they played baseball in heaven. They both didn't know. But Pat said, "let's make a deal, whoever dies first comes back and reveals to the other if they play baseball in heaven." They agreed with a handshake and another Guinness.

Within a few months, Mike died. The night after his wake and funeral, Mike stood at the foot of Pat's bed and said to him, "I've got good news and bad news for you Pat. The good news is there IS baseball in heaven." That's awesome" said Pat, "now what is the bad news?' There was a long, silent pause. His baseball buddy from heaven said remorsefully, "Pat, tomorrow you are scheduled to pitch." ~Rev. Raymond Lavelle

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

that was my sam's first word! i was so proud! i know how you are feeling...it's great, isn't it!

Anonymous said...

This is great, Meredith! I read through everything! One of my favorite pictures is the one of Sam reading with Joe. You can even use it in the classroom. I used one like it of Andrew when he was about Sam's age. My bulletin board said, "You're never too young --or old--to read!" Hope you are enjoying the rest of July. It goes by too quickly, don't you think? Take care.